Below, are the companies sponsoring the Right-Wing vitriol in the 2012 election season…
Have you eaten at White Castle recently? Or caught a movie at Regal Cinemas?
If so, you may be unwittingly helping finance right-wing attack ads.
That’s because many of the country’s most common brands are run by rich conservatives who are using their personal wealth to bankroll outside spending groups that are running attack ads smearing progressives. From Marriott Hotels to Brawny paper towels, and from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Coachella music festival, corporate executives at these organizations have given millions of dollars to groups like Mitt Romney’s Super PAC Restore Our Future.
Some corporations, like Waffle House, give direct donations to conservative attack ad groups like Karl Rove’s American Crossroads.
The following list of consumer brands either have leaders who wrote checks to outside right-wing attack ad groups or gave money directly from the corporation. Only entities that gave $25,000 or more were included in this guide.
- A Guide To Consumer Brands Helping Bankroll Right-Wing Attack Ads (thinkprogress.org)
- A Guide To Consumer Brands Helping Bankroll Right-Wing Attack Ads (johnhively.wordpress.com)
- Shopping list (legalinsurrection.com)
- Romney Fundraiser Host Bankrolled Right-Wing Group That Wants To Bomb Iran (thinkprogress.org)
- Super PAC donors may keep opening wallets, but public may not see it (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rove: Obama attacks are ‘gutter politics of the worst Chicago sort’ (thehill.com)
- KARL ROVE TO ROMNEY: Stop Whining About Obama’s Attacks (businessinsider.com)